Where It All Started.

 Where It All Started.

Well yes! finally I started writing blogs. like, it's not the first time I am excited over sharing my innumerable stories. I often do this thing, but just to my friends. Then they encouraged me that these college stories are worth sharing. 

So, this blog page has nothing to do with the college I study in. I am definitely not going to badmouth my college, or encourage you to join either. This title was chosen just because it sounded cool and vibed with the writer. The actual purpose, instead is to communicate the short stories, all inspired by real events from the perspective of an teenager studying in college. 

This is the start of my career, even before the time when I started my college life. Oh! wait, did i just forget to state the name of the protagonist? It's ME [No, I am not gonna reveal my name, lol]. Now, I am an art enthusiast, living with my parents, you know, a typical Indian family. And why did I  include the Indian name, because here is the obvious question. How the heck I managed to convince my parents to send me in art school. Well, you see, it's not common for Indian parents to agree to their child pursuing art as a career. Yeah, it was difficult. And most precisely tiring. Like, even they didn't knew how to convince them over same thing again and again. Looks like I had the patience to do so, and its obvious, because I didn't want to prepare for NEET! 

Yet it took me three damn attempts to clear the preliminary round, of making things sound serious. Because at first, they thought I was joking. But not their fault, what can they expect from a person who didn't study for a whole year, yet managed to pass [thanks to covid era]. After clearing the prelims, I had to do a complete research in order to prepare for the mains. And by research, I literally mean RESEARCH! Because my parents asked for complete details on the career I was choosing. I prepared a detailed analysis report to present, everything including opportunities, average salary, competition, colleges and companies which hire and finally demand in the market. 

Other party was impressed by my preparation, but equally curious to test my patience, as they didn't ask the follow-up questions altogether. They waited for the best time I forget the data and then ask questions from time to time. Like, I literally remember how my father asked me the scope in my career when we were in a wedding ceremony. I had that scoop of ice cream and wasn't able to digest it before answering perfectly. huffff!

Finally, came the jury time, when there are some external factors that determine your passing and failing. Now, if you are an Indian student, you will be able to figure out who these "External Factors" are! Correct, relatives. So, I had my father influenced by his friend's words of wisdom. That art isn't a career and that this is just a industry of glamour and nothing is there to succeed. Also, that it isn't wise to send a girl somewhere else to study. I got really pissed at that uncle. But luckily, by now I had two supporters, my mother and sibling. They helped me persuade my father.

Now I am here, 700 KM apart from my family with their full support to pursue my passion. But honestly, my father isn't fully convinced even now, he is just letting me have a chance. Sounds like a big victory, but frankly, to any typical Indian student, this is more than a victory. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thriller K Dramas to Watch in a Day! Part-2

K Dramas You Can Finish in a Day! Part-3